Wednesday, January 5, 2011

In which Kate wonders if a voice-activated recorder might do her some good

Oh good, it's working today. I wanted to do an update last night, but for some reason, Blogspot wasn't cooperating, no matter which browser I tried it in.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago, I came across a recipe for spiced chick peas that involved cumin and lime and avocado and thought it sounded delicious (it's from another food blog and I'm waiting for permission to link to it). I showed the recipe to my sweetie the uber-carnivore. He said, "that would be really great with some shredded chicken."

Into a medium saucepan went the following:

Four chicken breasts
One bottle of beer
one minced jalapeno
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
a couple of teaspoons of cumin
a dozen grinds of mixed peppercorns

at least I think so. I kind of lost track of what I was adding. Hence the topic of today's post, I really need a better way to keep track of my wing-it recipes.

I brought the mixture to a boil, then turned the heat down and let it cook for about fifteen minutes. Afterwards, I broke apart the chicken with a pair of forks, but didn't completely shred it. I called it stewed, though one could also say poached. It turned out quite delicious and went well with the chick peas and some corn tortillas. I also had some leftovers over brown rice for lunch the following day. My sweetie didn't bother wish tortillas or rice for his second meal of it.

Questions, comments? A recipe to try? I'd love to hear from you:

Coming soon--a (hopefully) thoughtful anniversary post.

No comments:

Post a Comment